Your health and safety have always been our top priority. That has never changed – in fact, it has only intensified!
WE ARE OPEN for ALL YOUR dental needs! If you had an appointment affected by coronavirus, please contact our office to reschedule. If you have a scheduled appointment upcoming, we are looking very forward to seeing you in our office.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and we are incorporating the very latest recommendations from the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to keep you safe and comfortable. Our high standard of care ensures that your trust and safety are never compromised. We know that now, moving forward, our commitment to your safety is even more important to you. We are taking extended measures to further protect all our patients and team by adopting new protocols in our office. All the changes are an endeavor to maintain a sterilized, safe office environment.
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Please make sure you are not experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or that you have not been exposed (to the best of your knowledge) to COVID-19 within the 2 weeks prior to your appointment.
- Please call our office to report any changes to your insurance coverage.
- Please mention any changes to your health that may affect the way we treat you as a patient.
YOUR DENTAL APPOINTMENT
We will ask if your health has changed since your last visit to our office. The following changes have been added to our infection control procedures:
- Staff members have their temperatures taken each day upon arrival.
- Our clinical team is equipped with disposable gowns and face shields.
- All staff and patients are required to wear a face mask.
- We have installed medical grade HEPA air filters across our office.
- A clear barrier has been placed at our front desk area as it is prudent to limit the amount of contact between the patients and our administrative team.
- Upon arrival, patients must have their temperature taken, a health screening questionnaire, and a consent for treatment form must be completed.
- We have modified our schedule to ensure social distancing within our office.
AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT
Please call our office if you have any questions about your post-op care, instructions will be provided to you as needed.
We look forward to seeing you in our office and THANK YOU for your understanding and patience during these new circumstances.